Robert Grant 01
Ed Wade 10
Joe Harrell 14
Doug Powell 31
Robert Grant 12
Frances Holk-Jones 25
Kevin Russell 2
Paul Stryker 18
Holly Bishop 10/06
Darrel Melton 10/13
Travis Valentine 10/22
Rick Conway 10/28
- Rotary helps alleviate refugee crisisRotary works to alleviate refugee crisis Rotary members have changed the lives of thousands of
- Press release Rotary convention brings thousands to TorontoInternational Rotary convention brings 24,000 people to Toronto Most multi-cultural convention to be held in the cityTORONTO – The 109th annual international
- Princess Anne to speak at Rotary ConventionPrincess Anne will speak at Rotary International conventionBy Geoff JohnsonHer Royal Highness The Princess Royal, Princess Anne, will address the 2018 Rotary International Convention on 24 June in
- Rotaract clubs honored for excellent service 2018Top Rotaract honor goes to club that empowers women who have HIVRotaract clubs around the world earn awards for excellent
- Final ExamAfter a grueling year of preparation, two Rotarians and a Rotaractor face one last challenge before they can join the elite ShelterBox Response
- Rotary helps alleviate refugee crisis
Saturday November 11, 2017
Orange Blossom Square Foley, Alabama
Register on-line ACTIVE.COM
Register by mail Oyster Run Flyer 2017
The Foley High School Jazz Band was our special guests last week. They blessed us with a few songs from their spring performance. The Jazz band is a small group of musicians from Foley High School that are led by Mr. David Samuel, assistant band director at Foley. The group that performed for us this week consisted of 22 students.
They will be performing along with Foley’s other ensembles in both the middle and high school on May 2 beginning at 6:00 pm in the Foley Middle School Gymnasium. If you have never heard or attended a concert from Foley band, you are missing out. Some of the exciting groups you will get to hear are:
Foley Symphonic Band
Foley Steel Drums Band
Foley Jazz Band
Be sure to come support our local musicians on May 2 at 6:00 pm.
Mayor John Koniar
This weeks guest will be Foley Mayor John Koniar. He will update the Foley Rotary Club with the State of the City
John Koniar served as a city council member from 1980 until 2006 when he was appointed to serve out Timothy Russell’s term of office as mayor. He was re-elected in 2008, 2012 and 2016 as the mayor of the City of Foley. He is past president of the Foley Optimist Club and past chairman of the South Baldwin Chamber of Commerce. He currently serves as board member on the Baldwin County Board of Mental Health, The Utilities Board of the City of Foley, and Coastal Resiliency Coalition. Mayor Koniar has a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Management from the University of Alabama and is retired from industry. He is married, has three children and five grandchildren.
This is an exciting but turbulent time for Foley. There are many parts moving simultaneously and with the recent growth and now the addition of OWA. With the guidance from our Mayor and City Council we are ready to blossom into much more than the small town most grew up knowing. Foley Rotary looks forward to hearing what Mayor Koniar sees for Foley as we grow.
Christy Holifield with Community Hospice Alabama
Community Hospice is committed to the concept of hospice as an alternative to traditional health care for terminally ill patients. Hospice services are holistic, comprehensive and
- Holistic in that the patient, his/her family and living situation are all considered when the plan of care is determined and implemented.
- Comprehensive in that a broad range of services is provided meeting the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of the patient and his/her family.
Community Hospice services Baldwin, Escambia and Mobile counties in southwest Alabama with two primary offices: one in Foley and the other in Bay Minette. For more information on Community Hospice services or coverage area, please call 251.943.5015 or click here to contact us.