- A new weapon against polioA modified vaccine offers hope that eradication is closer than ever.
- Mobile clinic delivers free healthcare for Wisconsin’s underserved communitiesRotary clubs in District 6250 (Wisconsin and Minnesota, USA) have donated a mobile clinic to St. Clare Health Mission, a community organization in La Crosse, Wisconsin, that provides primary and specialty health care services at no cost for those without access to insurance.
- Rotary President Jennifer Jones announces US$150 million pledge toward polio eradicationRotary President Jennifer Jones appeared on the stage at the star-studded Global Citizen Festival to announce an additional US$150 million pledge toward that end.
- Re-emergence of polio underscores the need for eradicationThe detection of poliovirus, and even cases of polio, in places where it hasn’t been found for years has demonstrated once again that eradicating a human disease isn’t easy, especially in the final stages.In recent months, an unvaccinated man in the United States was paralyzed. In the
- Rotary members in Poland provide a safe home for Ukrainian refugeesIn March, shortly after Russia launched its invasion of Ukraine, refugees began arriving at a home in Wojciechów, a town about 20 miles from the city of Lublin in eastern Poland.
- A new weapon against polio