Based on the Object of Rotary, the Five Avenues of Service are Rotary’s philosophical cornerstone and the foundation on which club activity is based:
* Club Service focuses on strengthening fellowship and ensuring the effective functioning of the club.
* Vocational Service encourages Rotarians to serve others through their vocations and to practice high ethical standards.
* Community Service covers the projects and activities the club undertakes to improve life in its community.
* International Service encompasses actions taken to expand Rotary’s humanitarian reach around the globe and to promote world understanding and peace.
* New Generations recognizes the positive change implemented by youth and young adults involved in leadership development activities, community and international service projects, and exchange programs that enrich and foster world peace and cultural understanding.