- A new weapon against polioA modified vaccine offers hope that eradication is closer than ever.
- Mobile clinic delivers free healthcare for Wisconsin’s underserved communitiesRotary clubs in District 6250 (Wisconsin and Minnesota, USA) have donated a mobile clinic to St. Clare Health Mission, a community organization in La Crosse, Wisconsin, that provides primary and specialty health care services at no cost for those without access to insurance.
- Rotary President Jennifer Jones announces US$150 million pledge toward polio eradicationRotary President Jennifer Jones appeared on the stage at the star-studded Global Citizen Festival to announce an additional US$150 million pledge toward that end.
- Re-emergence of polio underscores the need for eradicationThe detection of poliovirus, and even cases of polio, in places where it hasn’t been found for years has demonstrated once again that eradicating a human disease isn’t easy, especially in the final stages.In recent months, an unvaccinated man in the United States was paralyzed. In the
- Rotary members in Poland provide a safe home for Ukrainian refugeesIn March, shortly after Russia launched its invasion of Ukraine, refugees began arriving at a home in Wojciechów, a town about 20 miles from the city of Lublin in eastern Poland.
- A new weapon against polio
Category Archives: Event
27th Annual Foley Rotary Club Oyster Run The 27th Annual Foley Rotary Club Oyster Run will be held Saturday, November 9 th at The Park at OWA. This is the largest fundraiser for the Foley Rotary Club with funds raised … Continue reading
Janay Dawson, Interim BC School Board Superintendent will talk about the proposed sales tax
Hallie Dixon ASSISTANT ATTORNEY GENERAL, PROSECUTOR FAMILY PROTECTION & PUBLIC CORRUPTION, State of ALABAMA Bio Hallie grew up just outside of Silverhill, graduating from Robertsdale High School in 1991 She graduated from the University of South Alabama in 1995 with … Continue reading
Terry Burkle will speak at the Rotary meeting on February 5th. She will be discussing the current school funding crisis and how the South Baldwin Chamber Foundation is working to address the needs of our schools. Terry Burkle, IOM BIO … Continue reading